Sunday, May 15, 2011

100 Greatest Movie Villains - Part 2 (#80-61)

 

80 - Captain Barbossa

PORTRAYED BY:
Geoffrey Rush

AS SEEN IN:
Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl
Pirates of the Caribbean:  Dead Man's Chest
Pirates of the Caribbean:  At World's End

You best start believing in ghost stories Miss Turner. You're in one. 



79 - Caesar Enrico "Rico" Bandetto

PORTRAYED BY:
Edward G. Robinson

AS SEEN IN:
Little Caesar (1931)

This is Rico speaking. Rico! R-I-C-O! Rico! Little Caesar, that's who! Listen, you crummy, flat-footed copper, I'll show you whether I've lost my nerve and my brains! 



78 - Howard Payne

PORTRAYED BY:
Dennis Hopper

AS SEEN IN:
Speed (1994)

Pop quiz, hotshot. There's a bomb on a bus. Once the bus goes 50 miles an hour, the bomb is armed. If it drops below 50, it blows up. What do you do? What do you do? 



77 - The Thing

AS SEEN IN:

I dunno what the hell's in there, but it's weird and pissed off, whatever it is.



76 - The Emperor

PORTRAYED BY:
Ian McDiarmid

AS SEEN IN:
Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith (2005)
The Empire Strikes Back (1980)
Return of the Jedi (1983)

Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...



75 - The Yellow Bastard

PORTRAYED BY:
Nick Stahl

AS SEEN IN:
Sin City (2005)

Do you think I'm tired? You think I'm getting tired? You're the one who's gonna crack! You'll crack! You'll cry and beg! You'll Scream! Oh, yeah, you'll scream, you big, fat, ugly cow! You'll scream!





74 - Vincent

PORTRAYED BY: 
Tom Cruise

AS SEEN IN:
Collateral

 - You killed him? 
- No, I shot him. Bullets and the fall killed him. 




73 - Norman Osborne

PORTRAYED BY:
Willem Dafoe

AS SEEN IN:
Spider-Man (2002)
Spider-Man 2 (2004)
Spider-Man 3 (2007)

Spider-Man. This is why only fools are heroes - because you never know when some lunatic will come along with a sadistic choice. Let die the woman you love... or suffer the little children? Make your choice, Spider-Man, and see how a hero is rewarded! 



72 - Gojira (Godzilla)

AS SEEN IN:
Gojira (1954)

I can't believe that Godzilla was the only surviving member of its species... But if we continue conducting nuclear tests... it's possible that another Godzilla might appear somewhere in the world again.



71 - The Phantom

PORTRAYED BY:
Lon Chaney

AS SEEN IN:
The Phantom of the Opera (1925)

Feast your eyes! Glut your soul on my accursed ugliness! 



70 - Leatherface

PORTRAYED BY:
Gunnar Hansen

AS SEEN IN:
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974)

Well now look, you boys don't want to go messin' around some old house. Those things is dangerous. You're liable to get hurt. You don't want to go fooling around other folks' property. If some folks don't like it... they don't mind showing you. 



69 - Magneto

PORTRAYED BY:
Ian McKellen

AS SEEN IN:
X-Men (2000)
X2: X-Men United (2003)
X-Men: The Last Stand (2006)

We are the future, Charles, not them. They no longer matter. 



68 - Khan

PORTRAYED BY:
Ricardo Montalblan

AS SEEN IN:
Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan (1982)

He tasks me. He tasks me and I shall have him! I'll chase him 'round the moons of Nibia and 'round the Antares Maelstrom and 'round Perdition's flames before I give him up! 



67 - Bill

PORTRAYED BY:
David Carradine

AS SEEN IN:

I didn't say I was going to explain myself. I said I was going to tell you the truth. But if that's too cryptic, let's get literal. I'm a killer. A murdering bastard, you know that. And there are consequences to breaking the heart of a murdering bastard. You experienced some of them.



66 - Harvey Dent, a.k.a. "Two-Face"

PORTRAYED BY:
Aaron Eckhart

AS SEEN IN:
The Dark Knight (2008)

You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain. 



65 - Baby Jane Hudson

PORTRAYED BY:
Bette Davis

AS SEEN IN:
What Ever Happened to Baby Jane? (1962)

- You wouldn't be able to do these awful things to me if I weren't still in this chair. 
- But you *are*, Blanche! You *are* in that chair! 




64 - Cruella de Vil

PORTRAYED BY:
Betty Lou Garson

AS SEEN IN:
One Hundred and One Dalmatians (1961)

My only true love, darling. I live for furs. I worship furs! After all, is there a woman in all this wretched world who doesn't?



63 - Bonnie Parker & Clyde Barrow

PORTRAYED BY:
Faye Dunaway & Warren Beatty

AS SEEN IN:
Bonnie & Clyde (1967)

We rob banks.


62 - Frank Booth

PORTRAYED BY:
Dennis Hopper

AS SEEN IN:
Blue Velvet (1986)

Straight from my heart, fucker! You know what a love letter is? It's a bullet from a fucking gun, fucker! You receive a love letter from me, you're fucked forever! You understand, fuck? I'll send you straight to hell, fucker! 



61 - Derek Vinyard

PORTRAYED BY:
Ed Norton

AS SEEN IN:
American History X (1998)

We're so hung up on this notion that we have some obligation to help the struggling black man, you know. Cut him some slack until he can overcome these historical injustices. It's crap. I mean, Christ, Lincoln freed the slaves, like, what? 130 years ago. How long does it take to get your act together?

1 comment: