The Essential Films Podcast: Episode 3 - THE GODFATHER (1972)
On this episode, Adolfo and Mark discuss the greatest gangster film (and arguably one of the top 5 films ever made... period) of all time: Mario Puzo's THE GODFATHER.
On this show:
• How were we introduced to the film for the first time?
• Who did Paramount want to direct the film before finally settling on Francis Ford Coppola?
• Our favorite scenes
• The beauty of Gordon "The Prince of Darkness" Willis' cinematography
• The behind-the-scenes stories behind some of the more iconic scenes
• The Johnny Fontane/Frank Sinatra connection
• Which famous actors tested for the parts of Michael and Sonny
• The three insane conditions Paramount gave Coppola if he insisted on hiring Marlon Brando
• How did the studio want to change and "update" the story from the book's original setting of 1940s New York?
• All this and much more. So leave the gun, take the cannoli and join us as we take it to the mattresses. It's an offer you can't refuse.
LISTEN TO US ON ITUNES